The Florida Bar, 2015
Jonathan Brooks, P.A. Deerfield Beach, FL
Associate Attorney, April 2016- November 2017
• Completed research and drafted legal pleadings and requests as well as Motions to Dismiss, Motions to Strike, Motions for Summary Judgment, and Motions for Protective Order regarding personal injury protection benefits
• Argued Motions to Dismiss, Motions to Strike, Discovery Motions, and Motions for Protective Order in Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade County Courts
Greenspoon Marder P.A, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Contract Associate Attorney, End of October 2015 – March 31, 2016
▪ Completed research and drafted legal memoranda regarding compliance with alcohol licensing laws for the state of Florida and other states.
▪ Completed research and drafted legal memoranda regarding various foreclosure issues including compliance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
The Concept Law Group P.A, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Law Clerk, January 2015 – April 2015
▪ Assisted in drafting motions submitted to Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and for Federal civil litigation matters; Assisted in drafting briefs submitted to United States Pa-tent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
▪ Completed research and drafted legal memoranda and assisted in creating templates for responses to office actions to be submitted to the USPTO.
▪ Trained in filing trademark applications with the USPTO.
Warner Music Latina, Inc., Miami, FL
Legal Intern, May 2014 – August 2014
▪ Assisted in review and analysis of contracts.
▪ Assisted in drafting contracts.
Frank, Weinberg & Black P.L, Plantation, FL
Law Clerk, October 2013 – December 2013
▪ Completed judicial research and wrote memoranda of law regarding numerous legal is-sues.
▪ Reviewed documents for litigation.
Honorable Arthur M. Birken, 17th Judicial Circuit of Florida, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Judicial Intern, Summer 2013
▪ Completed first draft of judicial orders and conducted legal research while working in the Family Law division of the Circuit Court.
Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad College of Law, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Juris Doctor, cum laude, May 2015
Honors: Moot Court Honor Society
Dean’s List Four Semesters
High Grade Book Awards: Patents and Entertainment Law classes.
Competitions: Feinrider Moot Court Competition, Qualified For Moot Court 2013
New York City Bar Association Moot Court Regional Competition, 2014
Activities: Sports and Entertainment Law Society, 3L Student Rep., Winter 2014-2015
University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
Bachelor of Arts, History, May 2012
Honors: Dean’s List Five Semesters.